This is a great little recipe to try if you want something packed full of flavour but with very minimal effort involved in the cooking.
The pancetta and artichoke are both full of punchy flavour, and go very well with the smooth, creamy sauce and bright chives.
I used pre-prepared, marinated artichokes (these ones in fact) to make the recipe even quicker, and I also went for fresh pasta to cut down the cooking time. All in all, you can make this in less than 15 minutes. Perfect for a Monday!
This recipe will serve at least 4.
Pancetta and Artichoke Fusilli
100g pancetta slices
175g marinated artichokes
1 small glass sherry
150ml single cream
A couple of drops of lemon juice
1 large handful of chives
500g fresh fusilli
1. Chop the pancetta into small chunks and tip into a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Sizzle until the pancetta has crisped up and turned golden.
2. Add the artichokes, fry for another minute, then add the sherry. Allow to boil down before adding the cream and another 150ml of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
4. To finish the sauce, taste and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper as required. Roughly chop the chives and then add them.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Stir the sauce into the pasta with the reserved water. Enjoy!