We’ve had some good news today and so we’re celebrating with burger and chips!
Everyone has a favourite burger recipe, but I like mine made with lamb mince and topped with blue cheese – yum!
The recipe below will make 2 large burgers and are best enjoyed with chips on the side and a fresh salad.
Not suitable for dieters!
Lamb, Watercress and Blue Cheese Burgers
250g lamb mince
2 large bread rolls
25g blue cheese
Large handful of watercress
1. Season the lamb mince well with salt and pepper, then mold into two patties. Put in the fridge for 1 minutes to allow them to firm up.
2. Put a griddle pan on a high heat. When it’s really hot, add your burgers. They’ll need cooking for about 5-6 minutes on each side.
3. In the meantime, cut the burger buns in half. Put the cheddar cheese on the bottom halves and put the buns in the oven, open, at 170 degrees for 3 minutes.
4. When the burgers are nearly cooked, top each one with blue cheese for the last minute of cooking.
5. To compile, squeeze a little ketchup onto the cheesy bun base. Then add your burger and top with a generous handful of watercress before topping with the top of the bun. Delicious!