Happy hump day everyone!
After pancake day yesterday, I’m sure you (like us) need an injection of health to counterbalance the over indulgence.
Now that lent has started, I can’t think of any ingredient in this soup that anyone will have wanted to give up (apart from meat perhaps?) so it’s a fairly safe bet.
This soup contains tonnes (not literally) of protein, and it uses my leftover lentils, so is packed full of vitamins, minerals and other good stuff too. It is truly an angelic recipe!
This will take you 20 minutes to make, and will serve 4.
Chicken and Lentil Soup
200g smoked bacon lardons
300g chicken breast, diced
600ml chicken stock
1 tsp ground coriander
400g leftover lentils
Natural yoghurt, to serve
1. Put the lardons in a large casserole dish. Cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until golden.
2. Sprinkle the coriander over the diced chicken breast, then add to the pan with the lardons. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Tip in the chicken stock and lentils and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Blend about half of the soup with a hand blender – you still want the soup to be fairly chunky, but blending some of the lentils will thicken it.
5. Serve each bowl with a dollop of natural yoghurt in the centre. Enjoy!