Another super healthy, and vegetarian, recipe for you today. Once again, we’re tired and in need of something quick and nourishing.
This recipe includes quinoa, which I’m a big fan of, cucumber to give it a burst of freshness and feta to give it a beautiful savoury edge. If you’re not keen on feta, you could easily leave it out – but perhaps add some salty ham or other meat to balance it.
This would also make a great veggie side dish for a summer BBQ!
This will easily serve 4, can be made in 20 minutes and is perfect cold or warm – though personally I prefer it warm.
Quinoa and Lentil Salad
1 tbsp olive oil
1 handful chopped fresh tarragon
250g green lentils, pre-cooked
6 spring onions
1tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Saute the onion in a large saucepan with the oil for a couple of minutes, until soft.
2. Stir in the chopped tarragon, then add the quinoa and 600ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed.
3. Chop the spring onions, cucumber and feta into small chunks and add to a large serving bowl. Tip in the lentils and quinoa.
4. Add the zest and juice of the orange and the white wine vinegar.
5. Stir well, and it’s ready to serve!