It’s the other half’s birthday tomorrow and we’re going out, so I thought I’d make him something special to eat tonight.
These tasty little parcels are full of oozy brie and curried spinach. The perfect naughty treat! They’d work brilliantly with a rocket salad and a glass of something chilled and white.
These are 100% vegetarian, take 30-40 minutes to cook and the recipe below makes 4 – you could easily increase to feed larger numbers.
Spinach and Brie Parcels
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp medium curry powder
260g fresh spinach
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
160g brie, chopped into 1cm squares
375g ready rolled puff pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Chop the onion and garlic and put in a frying pan over a medium heat with the olive oil. Allow to soften for 2 minutes the stir in the coriander, cumin, chilli flakes, salt and curry powder.
3. Add the spinach and thyme, and allow the spinach to wilt then take off the heat. Leave to sit for a few minutes.
4. Cut the puff pastry into 4 equal sized rectangles.
5. Drain any excess moisture from the spinach mix.
6. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
7. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach mix onto one half of each of the pastry slices. Top with 1/4 of the brie, then brush around the outside of the pastry rectangle with the egg. Fold over, pinch down the edges with the back of a fork and transfer carefully to a baking tray.
8. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is risen and golden brown. Tuck in!