Just about a week ago, I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Yay, what an honour! The lovely Lisa from Basil and Oil nominated me – and you should check out her blog because it is full of sunshine, holidays and delicious food (including loads of AMAZING looking Dutch recipes – seriously, check it out).
So, back to the award. The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site (tick 🙂 ).
2. Put the Award logo on your blog (tick 🙂 ).
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
So, next up – answer the ten questions. Here we go:
1. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to? Or if you haven’t been to any, which concert would you like to go to?
I’m a bit of a rock fan – and I’m going to have to say AC/DC! I know they’re a bit corny, but they’ve been in the business for decades and sure knew how to put on a show. All their songs are so sing-a-long able too; you’d never get bored watching them!
2. What is your fondest memory?
My wedding day of course! Last May. It was a gorgeous (not in weather terms – the weather was awful) day, surrounded by so many of my lovely friends and family.
3. The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
The Rolling Stones! They’re another band I’ve seen live. My dad and I got some free tickets through a friend of mine, which was fantastic, and they were brilliant. Mick Jagger has some serious snake hips!
4. Which place in the world would you love to visit? And why?
I’ve been to the USA once (to Arizona/Nevada specifically) and I would love to go back to do a proper road trip tour. My husband and I talk about this often; we would drive through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee – taking in the deep South. It’s not the most touristy area of the states, but we would love it.
5. Favourite song lyrics?
I’m being soppy, I know, mentioning my wedding twice already in this, but I have to go for Bob Dylan – Forever Young. It was the song we danced to at our wedding, all the more poignant because my married name is Young.
6. If you could meet any person, living or dead, who would you meet?
I would love to be able to go back in time and meet the Bronte sisters (I know, I broke the rules, that’s more than one person). If I had to choose between the sisters, I would go for Emily; she’s my favourite. I think it’s incredible that they wrote their novels so long ago, and all of the emotions in them are so resonant today.
7. What is your favourite aspect of being a blogger?
This one’s easy; I love sharing my recipes, and I love it when people tell me they’ve made them and they liked them too. That’s enough satisfaction for me.
8. Which language would you like to be able to speak?
Italian. My family and I went on holiday there when I was much, much younger, and I loved trying to learn the phrases and words. There’s something joyful about the sound of the Italian language – the words just bounce off your tongue.
9. Favourite book?
The Beautiful and Damned – F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. Favourite recipe?
Ooh, definitely this one!
Now, the questions for my nominees to answer (get cracking 🙂 )
1. What is your favourite box set/tv programme?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. What did you hate eating as a child? And do you like it now?
4. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
5. What are your hopes for the future?
6. What is your favourite quote?
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
8. Which celebrity do you get told you look like?
9. What is the best restaurant you’ve ever been to?
10. What is the best/worst gift you’ve ever received?
And now for my nominees; off you go guys! You are all well-deserving:
Petite & Pretty Co – this blog is just beautiful
650food – Anni has such a good ethos when it comes to food
RobertsWife – this blog is lovely and so readable
A Pug in the Kitchen – simple recipes with gorgeous pugs
Compartiendo Mi Cocina – these are the recipes I love to eat
In Twine – Susan is so talented
A Life Moment – Bright, colourful and beautiful!
I can’t wait to read your answers!