This is a great store cupboard recipe which can be whipped up in next to no time.
I used fresh tomatoes – but you could use tinned if you really want to clear out the cupboards. You could skip the parsley too, but it adds a freshness and bit of a crunch which I wouldn’t want to miss out on.
This is an extremely quick dish to make, particularly if you use fresh pasta, so give it a go when you’re pushed for time.
Tuna, Black Olive and Tomato Pasta
500g fresh penne pasta
1 red onion
3 tbsp olive oil
4 large tomatoes
150g pitted black olives
400g tinned tuna
Large handful parsley
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
2. Chop the onion and add to a large saucepan with 2 of the tablespoons of olive. Cook on a medium heat for one minute.
3. Chop the tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Cook down for 2-3 minutes, then add the olives and tuna. Leave to bubble away for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Cook the pasta in the pan of salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and leave to one side.
5. Chop the parsley and add to the tuna sauce, then tip in the pasta and remaining olive oil. Give it a good mix together – and you’re done!