This is a lovely, cheerful recipe to ease us back into the week after a fun-filled long weekend. Tacos can’t help but make people happy – there’s something about compiling your own (like fajitas) which makes everyone smile.
I’m making one of my favourite combinations – pork and black bean. If you wanted to make it vegetarian, you could easily swap the pork for a substantial vegetable (e.g. aubergine) and keep the same mix of spices.
This will make enough for 8 tacos – perfect for a group of friends, or two very worn out and hungry people, like us 🙂
Pork and Black Bean Tacos
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion
500g lean pork mince
1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
380g tin of black beans in water
1 tbsp worcester sauce
Small bunch chopped coriander
1/2 iceberg lettuce
Soured cream/grated cheese
8 taco shells
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped red onion. Allow to sizzle for a couple of minutes, then add the pork mince.
2. Stir in the ground coriander seeds, cumin and paprika until it coats the meat, and cook until the meat has browned.
3. Stir in the passata, black beans and worcester sauce and allow to cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. Stir in the coriander and season, to taste.
4. Slice the avocado and lettuce.
5. Serve all of the elements seperately, and let everyone put their own tacos together.