After a busy weekend and full day at work, I wanted to make something very quick and easy but still delicious and satisfying. This combination of sweet popping peas with salty feta is a match made in heaven, and is ready in 10 minutes. This will serve four – it re-heats really well the next day for a great packed lunch too.
Tagliatelle with Peas and Feta
500g fresh tagliatelle (you can use dried if you like, but I prefer fresh in this recipe so that it’s ready even more quickly).
1 tbsp olive oil
400g frozen peas
Small glass white wine
300ml creme fraiche
1 tsp lemon juice
Small bunch parsley
1. Chop the onion and tip into a deep frying pan with the olive oil. Cook over a medium heat for 2 mins until the onion has begun to soften.
2. Pour in the white wine and allow to reduce, then add the frozen peas. Stir for 30 seconds, then add the creme fraiche. Turn the heat down a little, and allow to simmer.
3. Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions and drain, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water.
4. Chop the feta into small chunks and add to the sauce. Season with black pepper (the feta is salty so there’s no need to add any more) and the lemon juice, then sprinkle in the chopped parsley.
5. Combine well with the tagliatelle and serve – enjoy!